Tuesday, November 13, 2007

So many things to do

so little time. Whoever said that sure knew what they were talking about! I have a ton of things to do and just "don't wanna". I made out a to do list last night and it's still staring me in the face. I have boxes and mailings that need to get out to the post office and it's still sitting there as if they were waiting to go for a long walk. My bed is unmade, i still have my pajamas (sweats) on and the T.V is rambling on in the other room. What does that tell me?
It's time to go back to bed!

I finally get out bed, get dressed and go about my mailing. Actually I was getting all of my EBay stuff out to the post office to my customers that won my auctions which usually consist of materialistic things found around my house. Things that I haven't used, aren't interested in or have no place for it in my home. You know that saying, "One person's junk is another person's treasure". I don't have a store on EBay, it's just a site where I can throw my "junk" into and hopefully someone else will want it and I get paid for it. My pork chops are completely thawed out and I throw those in the crock pot along with some bacon for flavoring, season it and let that simmer for a few hours. That's for dinner tonight, I love my crock pot!
Getting gas is really ridiculous these days. $3.87 a gallon for unleaded! My truck is hitting $80.00 to fill up now. I don't see an end to this anytime soon especially with Thanksgiving next week. I predict that gas will easily top $4.00 in some areas.
A good friend of mine is in town from Florida, Angie with her g/f Tamara and is visiting family. Angie used to work as a B.A.R.T mechanic in Antioch, she sold her home a few years ago and moved to Fort Lauderdale with her mother. She sold her house just in time at the height of the real estate selling market started to cool. We're trying to find a window of time to get together tomorrow and visit with other g/f's who live beyond the bay bridge. My g/f Lynn is not sure because she will be coming from Palo Alto and then to drive over to Berkeley is quite a jaunt especially with the gas prices at an all time high. We will try to make the time and it will probably be a last minute decision. It's gearing up to be a busy week for me. I have a play to go to on Friday night called "Stardust and empty wagons" which I went to last week. I'm taking my "surrogate" mother Diane to it because she is portrayed as one of the main characters in the show. Saturday is a baby party for a co-worker who got fired last year and I never really heard the real story of what happened to her. Saturday night is another co-workers birthday. Monday morning, if the flights look good, I will be flying to Las Vegas for a little R&R and to pick up a portable DVD player at the Rio All Suites Hotel which has been giving me complimentary nights for the past three years because I play there quite a bit. I've won a few nice jackpots but I'm aiming for the Mega one day. The Rio is a beautiful hotel with a Mardi Gras atmosphere just off the strip which you can easily reach by one of their many complimentary buses to their partner hotels. Just about every amenity you could want and yes, they have a bowling alley!! And it's alot of fun.

No comments: