Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sergio

I can't believe I'm going to name a topic after a man, well I should say boy. He is my daughter's ex-boyfriend who has seemed to "creep" back into her life. My daughter Nani, came home late last night from her job of selling "Kirby" vacuums. A half an hour later, she said that she was going out and that she'll be back. I know, mom's aren't supposed to worry, she's over 21, but with this boy, I do. I live in a two bedroom, one bath house upstairs with a finished basement one bedroom, one bath complete with kitchen, downstairs. Nani rents from me and lately with her employment being next to nothing, so are the rent checks. Nani was with this boy for about five years and everything was "lovey dovey". Nani was working at Safeway and is a very energetic, outgoing and beautiful young woman. Sergio was working as a butcher and a complete opposite, quiet, likes to go fishing, doesn't like to be in a crowd type of guy. Nani was attracted to him because he was sweet and told her everything that she wanted to hear. They did everything together as a couple, trips, events and parties. A few times they would come home in a drunken stupor and have these big arguments which my son and I were able to hear from being upstairs. One of those times, my son was listening in on their arguments and heard his sister cry out because Sergio was pushing her around, came and got me and we both took off downstairs with crowbars to tell him to get out of the house. About a year ago, Nani and Sergio broke up because Sergio was seeing another woman. And how Nani found out was from her best friend Rachel, who found Sergio on a "my space" website doing impromptu things with the woman. Well, word got back to Nani who confronted Sergio and all hell broke loose. There were slamming of the doors, cursing at Sergio, him trying to make up, blah blah blah and he was out of the picture. Nani ignored his calls and visits and eventually he faded away, until now. She didn't return last night and I'm hoping that she made it to her job this morning. If he F**ks her up on this job, she's going to have to go live with him because I'm not going to take this bull crap anymore. His stupidity, selfishness, jealousy and "won't take no" attitude pisses me off. All the time that we have lived here in this house, he was staying here. No wonder because he was still living at home with his mother, so why not come over here and live at my g/f's house. He didn't have the sense to contribute to the household when he would take showers, eat dinners, use up electricity while playing his video games here. Yes, he was a freeloader! I guess guys don't have a sense to feel guilty or that they're intruding on someones household. I did let Nani know, my say in that he was staying over too often and he needed to pay something. So he did, by taking Nani out to dinners, football games and wherever she wanted to go.
That breakup was the best thing that ever happened to her, she got her life back. Her three close g/f's gathered around her and supported her by giving her a "breakup" party. She travelled to Las Vegas during the summer for a bartending gig at the MGM. That never would have happened if Sergio was still in her life because he would have made her feel guilty and she wouldn't have the chance to go. Lately, he has been showing up at our house. He doesn't come inside because he knows that he is not welcomed here anymore and I have made that perfectly clear to Nani.
The morning is almost gone and here I am ranting about a subject I don't like. It's time for a beer.

No comments: