Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mid afternoon

I finally got out of the house and went to my place of employment where I am currently on sick leave because of my Rheumatoid Arthritis. My job has a "welfare" system for it's employees, if we fall victims to illness, financial burden, destruction that diminishes our capacity to work, they help us out with monies donated by employees into a fund where we never have to pay it back. It's a donation deposited by employees and it's there for who ever has need. And right now, I have need because I am falling behind on my monthly mortgage and other necessary utility bills. There is paperwork to fill out, printouts from my payroll and my doctors verification that I need to submit in order to be approved for this "donation". I'm crossing my fingers for it. In the meantime, I'm getting my documentation for my loan and what I qualify for since I am no longer making the money I used to make when I was gainfully employed. I'll be submitting that tomorrow. It was nice to see everyone at work. The airport is really slow right now and flights are not as full. It's a good time to travel. Unfortunately my flight benefits are restricted because of my illness, which means, I'm not able to travel for "free". I was at the airport for quite awhile and got invited to our "beer breakfast" which happens when everyone is off from work at 1:00am. We frequent an establishment called "Peter's cafe" and it's open 24 hours except for Mondays. It's true that some of us do have a beer or two and it has to be off the table by 1:45am because of the liquor laws. It's usually our time to get together and talk about the evening and how it went.
Nani came home tonight rather early from her job. She usually doesn't get home until after 11:00pm. She did go to work today and received her check which she was not too happy about because they missed a few of her sales and did not show up on this check. I feel her pain, because she is a hard worker and really wants to make it in this job of selling vacuums but to get a check for $152 dollars after two weeks working 10 hour days? C'mon now, give these kids a break. This isn't the slave days....pay them! She was gracious enough to give me $90 dollars of it which will go towards gas and a ticket she recently got parked on the wrong side of the road. I can taste that beer right now.

No comments: