Tuesday, November 27, 2007

love letters long ago

My darling Lynn belongs to a women's chorus and is a mezzo soprano. She would take a few trips cross country and abroad to compete with other chorus's. Most of those trips I have joined her being a "purse holder" and enjoying the rapturous music that makes my spine tingle with delight as the angelic voices surge forth my inner spirit swimming in the quietness of me. Already knowing that the first few days are "chorus crap" usually dealing with the "divaness" of it all and fine tuning compositions, it can be utter madness. The women, the hair, the makeup, chatter, cattiness, sing and more singing, and the pissy little man (or woman) they call conductor, I can block most of it out. That's probably why I join Lynn about a day before her actual concert and miss the few days of sleep that I could be getting while at home. Before she leaves, I would go to Walgreen's and however many days that we are apart, I would get that many little romantic Hallmark cards with beautiful pictures and sayings on them and then write in my words of support and love while she is away. Some of the times she can't always call me because of her schedule or she may be tired from the days events and activities. With the cards and they're dated, "Read on Sunday/Monday etc, you get the picture. After writing my proclamation of love for her, I would see her off at the airport and often give these letters to her before she boards for her flight. I would have one for the airplane ride there and the rest to read for every day that we are away. I often thought about sending her an actual letter, addressed and sent by "snail mail". But the thought of someone opening it and reading it sets fear in my heart. Probably the thought of it sounding, well, mushy. Corny, huh? Romantic? Yes, I am a true romantic being a Pisces and she an Aries. We are very compatible in life and love. We talk every day as if we are really living with each other and hope to one day. Most woman would have hit the road and in search of a "sure thing". I recently asked her if she still has my letters and she said that she has kept every letter that I ever gave her, postcards from my travels and my poem that I wrote during our early courting days. "Sentimental you", she is and I love her for that. At my age and what I know now and how I feel in my heart, I will wait for her and she for me. It will only be a matter of time.

No comments: