Thursday, November 8, 2007

Helping out

my friend Carmen today. Because she doesn't have a car, she needed a ride to the post office and also to the laundry mat. It totally sucks not having your own car because you can't do what you need to do and have to many times rely on someone else. There was nothing on my agenda today except to wait for my some of my EBay auctions to end in the afternoon, which at this time, sold for very little. The things I have to do to make ends meet. Lynn has hinted a few times that she would "rent out" my tongue. Oh eww! Truth to the matter is she would kick my buns before placing my tongue on anyone but her. So, back to the subject of making ends meet. Since i am on disability for my illness, i am only getting so much from my job. The disability insurance people think i make enough from my work to deem me ineligible. They won't give me more to help pay my credit cards, utilities, food, boy stuff for my son and my number one monster of a California mortgage. So I've been Ebaying, Craigslisting, garage scavenging and mystery shopping. I need to put one of those "buy me a coffee" buttons and change it to "Quarter for your thoughts" button. I know, it's supposed to be a "penny for your thoughts" but this is 2007! You ever hear of inflation, recession and the fall of our almighty dollar?
I just got back from a play at the Brava Theatre in San Francisco on 24th street. The play is called "Stardust and Empty Wagons", a production about the Hurricane Katrina Survivors of New Orleans. My friend Carmen and her mother, Diane are portrayed in the play. I saw it last year when it first started and it has toured Berkeley, San Jose and has come back to San Francisco complete with a band from New Orleans playing live music to accompany to actors and actresses. The production has improved and now with the addition of the music, it makes a lively play. The band is here for a short time but the play will be open for a little over three weeks. http://www.brava.org/ .
Tomorrow is the rehearsal and dinner for bridezilla and company. I shouldn't be mean, I'm sure it will a wonderful wedding on Saturday. My g/f is trying hard to fight off the stirrings of a cold and has reduced her teaching schedule to rest. She just called me tonight while I was at the play to tell me that she has a 7 foot tall artificial Christmas tree in the back of her car. She is very happy with her purchase after answering an ad on Craigslist and is bringing it home. Her hubby tried to stamp his feet, pout and say that he didn't like artificial trees and that he liked the real ones better. She put her foot down and replied back, "I'm the benevolent dictator and I'm in charge!" She explained her reason for this purchase and said that she was fed up with chopping down the real trees and then having to dispose of it in the dump after the holidays. She is a very conscientious recycler and is always doing her part to make the world a better place by going "green" and saving our earth. That's one of the reasons of why i love her.

No comments: