Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Woman bloggers

are wonderful writers. Being on this domain, I have read many good stories, ideas, how-to's about everything you could ever want to read. I can attest that my writing skills aren't the best and sometimes start to ramble on up the wall but i have loved writing ever since my high school years many moons ago. I like poetry and can sometimes get into a zone about a subject. Thank goodness for the Internet or I would be lost and then I would have to go out and buy a newspaper and read about subjects that I'm not interested in or news that most people don't talk about...homosexuality, gay or lesbian. How ever you look at it, it's always not good news in the media.
I wanted to get my early thank you out to you, the reader, because you've read this far and to all the bloggers and writers for putting yourselves out there and offering personal views and insights of your everyday life. Thank you for helping me step out! {doing little dance steps}
So, a little bit about me. I'm 45, three children two girls and a boy, ages 24, 22, 14 respectively, my ethnicity is Hawaiian, Chinese, Tahitian, Filipina and divorced for three years from a man. I have been partnered for 8 years with my one and only Lynn, a woman, who's ethnicity is Polish, Irish and a good ol' southern gal from Tennessee. I love "Haole" women especially my Lynn! I'm unemployed right now actually on disability and being treated for rheumatoid arthritis by a sometimes smart alecky male doctor who is the best in the business. I am an EBay fanatic, craigslist groupie and garage sale queen. I'm your double dollar couponer, buy one get one free queen and if it's free, I'm your princess {batting my eyelashes} with a smile. I've got a big truck and she's got a gentle set of lungs that you'll hear when i turn the corner. She's my "Betty". I love that truck and what women doesn't?
Being off from work is very hard for me because I'm used to going to work, making my way out the door and looking forward to seeing my co-workers. I have a great repoire with them. Now with all this free time, I'm busier than ever! I've been finishing up on a remodeled kitchen that's taken the better part of a year to complete with my brother. Don't hire family! Even if it's for free! I've been giving my best friend a ride to work at 5:00am on a journey that takes about 40 minutes each way and just helping her out because she doesn't have a car. My friends call me from work wondering when I'll be back to work. My due date back is December 15th but I think I'm going to get my doctor to write me in after January 2008. I don't want to deal with all the madness during the holiday season. I gravely miss travelling. Jumping on a plane and going somewhere.
And blogging. It's been a key factor in my life right now. It's addictive, fun and keeps my mind active. Once I start back at work, I'm hoping to keep this up. Unfortunately life gets in the way and the posts become infrequent. We shall see.

No comments: