Sunday, November 4, 2007

You're not getting any Younger


Being a woman of 45, as they say, "you're not getting any younger". What exactly is that phrase supposed to mean? I don't know! Please excuse my sometimes grammatical sentencing though i do try to spell check my writings that go out. I am in no way a writer but I do enjoy writing. My everyday mundane things to do around the house may seem like an adventure to some, a boring execution of chores to men and a reminder of a "to do list" to women. My three children, whom I love dearly, is one of the reasons i exist. The other is my girlfriend, lynn, yes a woman, who has been the light of my life for eight years after answering an online personal ad in the women 4 women section about a "fling" brought us together for a blind date and here we are, in her words, "still flinging". Though we do not live together because of our circumstances, i am raising my teenage son in a house that I bought almost three years ago and she is still married to her husband who is accepting of our relationship, one in part because he has been dating outside of their marriage and in the best interest of both parties. Her teenage and young adult children are the light of her lives, she's a wonderful mother and wife to a sometimes arrogant and verbally abusive and often egotistical man she calls husband. Husband is a hard working, techboy athlete, "forgot I have kids", thinks with his penis, OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder ), kind of guy. Lynn and I call each other on the phone everyday as if we were having a sit down coffee trading off the gossip of the day. The gossip pertains to the inner workings of our daily lives which sometimes and often comes up with solutions to many of our problems that exist. We don't know what may happen in our future, but we are here now, together and that's all that matters.

No comments: