Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Time together

I'm very glad that Lynn brought an extra jacket, scarf and gloves for me while we enjoyed lunch on a concrete table under the winter sun at Coyote Point Park in San Mateo. She had neatly packed some turkey, cranberry relish, sweet gravy, bread and salad for our entree in travel sized Tupperware. Dessert consisted of the last of her chess pie and homemade pumpkin pie. After our Delicious lunch, we made our way to the Coyote Point Museum. With a little under two hours left for us to visit, it was more than enough time to see the exhibits. With the sun going down and the winter night getting chillier, we made our way over to Burlingame's Starbucks. There is nothing like a Venti Caramel Macchioto to ward off the last of a December chill. Lynn and I talked of our week and where we will be. She has a gig this weekend singing in a funeral that a friend was not able to do in San Francisco and it starts early in the morning on Saturday. I'm hoping that she could spend the night at my house, since I'll be chauffeuring her there, to lessen her commute and to spend some much needed time together after our week of misunderstandings and the need to communicate to one another. We were both in agreement of that idea. With our warm libations all but gone, we sat in her car and conversed more and to also complete our gift exchange since she had forgotten it during our last weekend together because that was her busy concert week. I received a much needed set of sea green bath towels from Lynn, along with some candles and perfume. I was still missing my ring that I had left with her last week that she had given to me during our second year together. This was the first time that I had been without it and was missing it very much since we had reconciled. She said that is was being repaired. I trusted her with it and I trust that I will be receiving it back soon. Darkness had fallen and it was time to go. With a kiss on the lips, a meaningful hug and a long embrace, we are on the road to recovery.

No comments: