Monday, December 3, 2007

Cooking

It's one of the few things that I do enjoy. I love cooking for my family and friends, not often and when the mood strikes me. Most of the time, it's whatever is in the "fridge", out of a can, in a box or right out of the bag. Life's simplest pleasures, i do enjoy. I'm not sorry that i can't put it in a take-out bag and call it "McMom's" so that you will eat it, but you take what you get in my kitchen. I went through a remodeling last year in my kitchen when my brother and I agreed to this arduous task. Believe me, If I had to do it over again...."DON'T HIRE FAMILY" even if it's out of the goodness of their hearts. This particular endeavor took 8 months and now it is finally done, partially. At least the granite counter top, sink, faucet and new cabinets are in. We still have some sanding and painting to do but that will come in time. I am very glad to have my kitchen back after constantly going downstairs to my daughters little apartment and raiding her kitchen or the frequent trips to McD's, KFC and J-Box. I enjoy opening my new cabinets and looking in to pick out what I want to snack on. I don't have high hopes of my family recipes handed down from my mother to me to be passed onto my kids. They don't seem too interested in retaining the knowledge of old recipes. My son has helped me prepare the Kalua Pig and has watched me make Salvadorean Pupusas from scratch. He might be the "chef" in the family because he does enjoy cooking for himself and he's very good. Will they carry on my tradition of cooking? I can only hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. Check this post on Sara Snow's recipes,
http://usanewstoday.blogspot.com/2007/11/sara-snow-green-living-expert.html
Hope you like it.