Sunday, December 2, 2007

Choral concert season

is in full swing and I can attest to that by being invited to a women's group from Walnut Creek by Lynn and her daughter Camden. It was an interesting concert more so than the usual ones that I've been attending with Lynn. Her director is the same man, very cute in the gay boy circle and partnered with a jealous older man. Hmm, we'll see how long that relationship will last. Conductor boys are prissy little things that need constant attention and primping. They are the darlings of the choral world.
The melodious sound of the guitar player was so soothing that I fell asleep every time he played. The concert was wonderful with similar twists to that of Lynn's chorus group. The finale was "Silent night" and done in a circle around the crowded church pews. It wasn't as throaty or had that deep womanly sound like Lynn's group, now there is a women's chorus. All in all, a good concert. Afterwards, a reception was thrown in the back room with cookies, cakes, veggie plates and wine. I was looking for coffee to keep me awake on the ride back over the Bay Bridge but one small glass of wine will do. Someone recognized me from my old outrigger paddle days, it was an old friend I used to co-ed with. I hadn't seen Bobby in 15 years and he still looked the same, a little heavier and a lot less hair but still had a great sense of humor. He introduced me to his 2ND wife, Lauren, who was also part of the concert as a dancer with her troupe. We talked about old times, the people we knew and where they are, the amount of drinking we used to do and trouble we used to get in to. How during camp outs he would sing a song but could never remember the words to the ending. That was the good ol days. We exchanged phone numbers and will hopefully keep in touch with each other. That was the highlight of my day. I was a bit tired from the reduction of my medication and am feeling the effects of it. I'm now at half a tablet of prednisone every odd day until I see my RAtologist on Dec 12Th for my third phase of the medication bout. I keep thinking healing thoughts.

No comments: