Saturday, December 29, 2007

Last Saturday

of the year for 2007. Lynn stopped by my house this afternoon for lunch after singing for a funeral at 9:00am this morning. I set a plate for her with some of last night's left over salmon and rice. We chit chatted about her gig and I showed her my daughter's new refrigerator that she received from PG&E's energy partner program. With a few stolen kisses and longing hugs we talked about our plans for New Year's. While sitting at the kitchen table, she gave me back my Hawaiian ring with two hearts that I had left at her house about a week ago. She had re-enameled the missing outline of the heart and now it shows beautifully. I let her put it back on my left index finger as we both gazed at the movement of her act. Breathless and silent for a few seconds as she thanked me for taking back the ring. I smiled and acknowledge her a "thank you". Hand in hand, thankful for each other, we both know that it's going to be a new journey for 2008.

No comments: