Friday, December 7, 2007

I got approved

by my company's donation fund to the tune of $5000! That's such a relief for me to know that this payment will help me with my mortgage for the next two months. I was worried about this and now I can breath a little easier and know that this will carry me through the holidays. When I re-enter my employment in January 2008, I am so going to start contributing to this fund and what I could afford taken out of my paycheck and back into this fund. It is such a good thing for employees in need, like me. It seemed like everything started to fall into place and now I have to get my paperwork organized for next year. Tax time is right around the corner and as soon as my W-2 is online, my goal is to get my tax papers out in January. My bedroom is a total mess and littered with paperwork right now. I've got my shredder on one side and boxes holding receipts on the other side. My bed is has specific piles of paper, doctor, dentist, RA, grocery and miscellaneous receipts all bundled and ready to file away at the end of the month.
Lynn called me and told me about her hectic day at work. Poor thing, she sounds wiped out from her week. From a chorus mishap on Monday to not getting enough sleep to an angry Palestinian woman who disagreed with Lynn on her choice of holiday songs (Hanukkah) to teach her young child at a private school, has Lynn wanting to crawl back into bed for the rest of the afternoon. I don't blame her, I would too.

No comments: