Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pelvic Sonogram

Since my first self administered shot of Humira two weeks ago tomorrow, I am feeling healthier than ever, I have less stiffness in my hand joints and my mornings have been far superior than the past three months that I have been home. My next self injection will be tomorrow afternoon. New Year's eve, I had an appointment at Seton Medical for a pelvic sonogram. Because of my heavy monthly menstruation or sometimes not having one at all caused some concern in my primary doctor to have a sonogram done. Before going to my actual 2:30pm appointment, I had to be admitted in the emergency part of the hospital first, paperwork and all, to be properly registered and then I was able to be seen. The clerk who had processed my paperwork was under the impression that I was an employee of the hospital when In actuality, my co-worker from the airport works at Seton. As he was processing my paperwork, he had by-passed a few other patients who had been waiting much longer than I and they were looking over my shoulder, visibly upset, that the clerk had made me the benefactor of his mistake. Did I relinquish my seat right away and apologize for the clerk's mistake? Hell no! With my belly full of water for the past two hours and about ready to relieve myself, the clerk speedily rushed me out of there and hurried me to my now late appointment. With my documents in hand and my belly bursting with water, I was commandeered by a petite and soft spoken, Jan and taken to a room where my test would be given. After changing out of my street clothes and donning the hospital gown where you can see my whole backside. I lay down on the table as she properly covered the lower half of my waist with a sheet and poured a healthy amount of lubricant on the areas of my stomach where she would run the sonogram test. With my belly full of water, Jan worked her magic taking pictures and knowing which areas to look in to. After the tests were done, she had asked me to wait until she had given the pictures to the radiologist and would come back for me. After the all clear sign, I asked her how were the pictures. All she said was to call my doctor in a few days and make an appointment with her. Her once chirpy tone sounded low and ominous. I did not have a good feeling about this and went home.

No comments: