Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Last day of Bliss

before going back to work tomorrow and reflecting on my four months off from work has been quieting for me. Now that I'm rested and have been managing my rheumatoid arthritis to where I'm able to move without any discomfort or pain is wonderfully amazing to me. Distraught and disabled in August, threw me one hundred and eighty degrees to come to the realization that I need to take time out for myself and make, me, a priority.
Can I work those maniac hours that I was used to? Will I have to pick up hours to make up for lost time and wages? Do I want to? These questions I ask myself going into this New Year. How can I make it work? Make my life work? Make my work, work, without financially draining myself or my energy level. I will strive for harmony in my health and work situation without compromising my work ethic, in other words, don't kill myself for the almighty dollar. I will be working the next two weeks on the night shift, part-time, while picking up overtime on my days off to make ends meet. Also making time for Lynn and I and the family events surrounding my life in the proceeding weeks ahead. Managing my once quiet life, merging into the traffic of life and not venturing over to the fast lane.....yet.

No comments: