Friday, January 11, 2008

Nick's Rockaway Beach

in Pacifica is where I met my co-workers and friends, Janice (hottie momma) and expecting another baby girl any day now and Marielena. It was a grey afternoon with high tide warnings near the coast this weekend. People were already at the coast-side watching the waves converge upon the boulders against the railing at the MoonRakers. The famous Mavericks surf contest is being held tomorrow http://www.myspace.com/mavsurfer1 . Due to the environmental impact that the large crowd will have on the coast line, they are asking everyone NOT to be there if they can help it and go to other viewing spots such as AT&T park. But like the curious species that we are and our pure love of the ocean, hundreds of us will be descending on the tiny little town in Half Moon Bay for the event.
Lunch with my girlfriends was a raucous. Janice who swears every other sentence is a wonderful story teller of her life, family and "don't take no bull-crap" attitude where Marielena is more demure in character. Stories of life at the airport with passengers and other co-workers seemed to be preparing me for my own re-entry back to the front lines after my four month hiatus due to my rheumatoid arthritis. Speaking of re-entry, I finally got an email from my HR that I am cleared to go back to full active duty starting next week. I was so elated to hear that news, I called Lynn first to let her know and my best boyfriend, Darrell. With a wonderful lunch, happy news to share and a great friends, I look forward to my future. Ask me this question next week after my first day back to work, it may be different!

No comments: