Sunday, January 13, 2008

10 Seconds

for Camden's sendoff video for London is a surprise video to take with her made for in part by her little sister. It was a very thoughtful idea, when Lynn told this to me and that I was picked to help in her endeavor. It touched my heart so much so that I thought I would totally get into the spirit of things and dress up as "Aunty Aloha" when Lynn came to pick me up for our "Respect" dance day. My Aunty Aloha get up was an aloha shirt adorned with leis of all types, kukui, shell, feather, ribbon and pennies topped off with a Chinese fishing hat made out of palm leaves a few summers ago at a family reunion in Hawaii and big showy sunglasses. I looked pretty hilarious as Lynn taped me coming out of the front door of my home wishing Camden well on her journey to London next month. With my adornments put away, Lynn and I were off into the city for our monthly Respect dance night. I sent out emails to our group of women that meet whenever we can letting them know that we were going to be there tonight. As usual, we got there on the early side of things and checked in with Debi and seek out a booth for us. I was expecting Gail and her new girlfriend Ramona to drop in but no exact time was arranged. Lynn and I catch up on kisses, conversation and much needed touches throughout our evening. It's always nice to feel her closeness when we've been away from each other. We dance to a few tunes and enjoy the music. Our hands exploring as if on a mission and our lips softly finding the target kissing zone. As soon as an unfamiliar tune or rap music comes on, it's break time. Finally, Gail and Ramona show up apologizing for being late as a motorcycle ride to Pleasanton sidetracked them. With introductions and hugs finally settled, we conversed more in the privacy of our comfortable booth, danced a few numbers and conversed more like long lost sisters. With the club winding down, we all decided on dinner across the street at a Thai restaurant. Our conversation carried over from the club to a more intimate and quiet setting congratulating Gail on her first ever night out at a women's club. She enjoyed herself very much. Dinner was excellent with a variety of appetizers, soup and main entrees, we were stuffed to our hearts content. Soon it was time to say our goodbyes with hugs and kisses and a safe journey home. It was definitely a nice way to start off a New Year.

No comments: