Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My first day

back to work and it was heaven. How many people can actually say that and genuinely mean it? I'm sure there are a few souls that can honestly say that. My start time is 1830 to 2330 and will be like that for the next two weeks until the end of January. Because I am vacation relief, Myself and three other co-workers will be required to bid every month for our shifts. Since I am Number one, the odds are one hundred percent that I will get what I want unless I forget to bid. My shift involves ordering meals for our flights that fly from San Francisco to Newark, New Jersey, billing, security checks and a host of detailed paperwork. As soon as I checked in for my shift, I was immediately overwhelmed by my co-workers and friends who have missed my being there. After almost forty five minutes of catching up with everyone at the ticket counter, I walked to baggage service and said my hello's there and continued onto the gate area only to repeat the same reaction when I checked in. It is delightful to know how much my friends miss my spirit and personality, as one supervisor words it.
There were only two flights tonight, none of which I will be working due to a briefing that I had to attend. It basically was an effortless and untroublesome night considering that most nights tend to have some type of issues, ie: weather, mechanical, diversions and security. This is one of those nights that I dream of and only get a few times a month. I picked up my next three days off thanks to another co-worker who gave me her hours to boost my paycheck which I look forward to mostly, to compensate for the sick pay I received these past few months off from work. It is wonderful to be back. Ask me again by the end of the month, I may have changed my mind.

No comments: