Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sunrise

during my early morning shifts this past week have been spectacular. After all the rain that we had in the previous weeks, this was a welcomed sight. The grey amber sky lighting up the San Mateo Bridge in the background on a clear day is particularly breathtaking. Purple, pink and amber hues wake behind the mountain to start a colorful warm day shaking off the chill of dawn. Before the powerful noise of airline engines roar or clanging metal from speeding tugs carrying cargo ever begin, the airport is eerily quiet and movement stands still. Squawking geese and other migrating birds can be heard in the distance while the faint sound of the bay sends shivers down my spine. The amorous scent of baked cookies at the It's It factory sends me salivating for a cup of chocolate mocha from the vending machine. The light wind kisses me softly as if to greet me and the brilliant sun radiates to warm me. A moment in time that seems to stand still for me to relish, savor and remember a beautiful day such as this.

No comments: