Sunday, February 3, 2008

Split shift

at work with a nap in between. Today was my first day back on the morning shift and I was greeted like an old friend by my co-workers. Lots of warm hugs and chatter on what I have been doing with myself for the past four months. It was nice to see everyone as I have missed them all very much.
After arriving home, I quickly got into my pajama, robe and slipper, made a healthy tuna sandwich and turned on the T.V. to the Superbowl. I enjoy watching the commercials in between plays, laughing until my side splits. I didn't last too long, TiVo'd the rest of the game and took a one hour nap before getting ready for my next shift at night. Talking to Lynn throughout my day, she was upset at the fact that her husband wanted her to pickup their daughter's contact lenses tomorrow unbeknownst to Lynn. She was not warned of this but rather told. That meant for her go drive to Campbell in the morning, foregoing her own work day and pick up the prescription in order for their daughter to play Lacrosse this week. I advised her to tell her husband that HE needed to pick up the lenses. HE can afford to play hookie from work and does so often by goofing off in the morning, writing and playing tennis. And yes, HE can pick it up! So she told him to do it. Do guys think that we are their personal secretaries? He also invited some people over for Super Bowl without telling her when she wanted to enjoy a nice quiet afternoon at home after church. Can't a gal get any peace in her own home? So she retreated to her room to call me. She tells herself, "a year and half more, just a year and a half more".

No comments: